Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Blo Out Experience

For Valentine's Day I had booked an appointment at Blo Charlotte to have my hair blown out for the first time in ages.  It happened to be the week of the big snowstorm and since we had dinner plans for Saturday anyway, I rescheduled my appointment.  It was super easy to book (or reschedule) an appointment on their website or their app and they have locations all over.

When my stylist took me back to the chair she had me look through their "Style Guide Book" to choose a style.  I chose the Red Carpet look since it still had some bend to it.  I'd love to go back and try the updo or even the fishtail braid.  The girl next to me was having the "Holly Would" look which had a lot more curl and bounce.  Maybe that's what the girls with straight hair go in and request.  :)

My stylist loved having some "virgin hair" to style.  She was good with the round brush!  I told her she was a magic woman, she made it look so easy!  A few tricks I noticed, she 3 products-a straightening cream, a volume spray on my roots, and a little dab of some smoothing oil on it when it was finished.  Also, she free dried it for more than I ever would have done before using the brush and it still ended up so smooth.  I would always still end up having to use the straightening iron or curling iron for the pieces around my face which are always the curliest.  She did it all with the brush, I was amazed.

Jon was surprised too, I didn't even tell him about it.  He had never seen my hair straight and asked when it would change back.  Like it was a Fairy Godmother spell and would change back at midnight!  We went out to dinner and kinda felt like a different person.  You just feel like you are looked at differently.  It was fun for the weekend but by the time I washed it (it still looked great) I was ready for my curls back.

I'd love to go back again, maybe next time with some friends and all try different styles.  That would be a fun way to start a girl's night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird